Radcliffe Adopts Staggered Plan For Admissions

Next year a certain number of specially qualified students will learn of their admission to Radcliffe prior to the standard notification date in May, Miss Constance E. Ballou, Dean of Admissions, says.

Under a plan to be tried by the Seven College Conference, any student with a "strong high school record" and the approval of her school who applies to only one of the colleges will be notified of her acceptance or refusal in the fall. The members of the Conference are Barnard, Bryn Mawr, Mt. Holyoke, Pembroke, Radcliffe, Smith and Wellesley.

Previously these colleges had had an agreement under which all students were notified of admission or rejection on the same fixed date in the second or third week of may. The new plan has been adopted in an effort to relieve, for at least a few, the tension of the long wait, according to Miss Ballou.

Any girl who is denied admission to the college of her choice under this plan, will still be able to apply to any of the other six colleges and will receive notification at the usual date.