Five Teams Reopen Schedules This Week

All but two of the thirteen winter sports teams stand on the winning side of the ledger as they start their second semester schedule after the exam period layoff. Crimson teams have won a total of 50 contests and lost only 20 thus far this winter for a percentage of .714.

Three squads, squash, swimming, and track, are undefeated in both varsity and freshman competition. The varsity hockey team in undefeated in Ivy League play.

Quintet to Face B.C.

The varsity basketball team, with a record of nine wins and four losses, faces Boston College Thursday night at the I.A.B. and meets a powerful Yale five here Saturday night. Paced by sharp-shooter Johnny Lee, the Elis are the defending champions of the Ivy League, but have lost to Dartmouth early this month. The Crimson was narrowly defeated by the Indians 67 to 64.

The hockey team has a record of six and eight, but all its losses were against non-Ivy opponents. The holiday western road trip proved disastrous as far as the team's won-lost record is concerned. The six faced off against some of the most powerful teams in the nation including the U.S. national amatuers. This week they will meet Northeastern at Watson Rink Thursday night and Dartmouth at Hanover Saturday.

The undefeated swimming squad faces the midshipmen of Navy Saturday night at Annapolis. The swimmers have downed Army, M.I.T. and Penn. The two service teams are in the same swimming league as the eight Ivy League schools.

Harriers to Meet BAA

The undefeated indoor track team will run against the Boston Athletic Association Saturday night at the Boston Garden. The squad impressively demolished Boston University 76 to 33 during the exam period for its only win.

The fencing team, with one loss on its record will square off against Columbia in New York Saturday afternoon. The Lions won the 1956-57 Ivy crown and have been undefeated in Ivy competition since the league was formed in the 1955-56 season. The undefeated squash team, and the wrestlers have no scheduled events this week.

Freshman teams are also quite active this week as they roll into the second semester schedules. The Frosh Wrestling team does not open its season until Feb. 8, againt Exeter.

Yardlings to Play B.C.

The Yardling quintet, sparked by Bob Bowditch, has compiled a 6-2 record. It will face Boston College Thursday night and Exeter Saturday night at the I.A.B. The freshman hockey team also has two contests, one with Northeastern Thursday at Watson Rink and the other against the Dartmouth freshmen at Hanover Saturday afternoon.

The freshmen swimmers will face Andover in their second meet of the season. They have defeated their traditional rivals, the Waltham Boys' Club, but have had two meets against Huntington School and Brandeis postponed. The Yardling fencing team opens its season Saturday against the Riverdale School at the I.A.B.