Saltonstall Will Seek Young Democrat Aid In Coming Campaign

John Saltonstall, Jr. '38 will address the Harvard Young Democratic Club at 7:30 p.m. tonight in the Lamont Library Forum Room, seeking the group's endorsement of his candidacy for U.S. Representative from the 10th Congressional District.

The membership will vote formally on whether or not to support Saltonstall, after they have heard the candidate expound his views on the major current political issues. Saltonstall is carrying the Democratic standard in an effort to unseat Representative Lawrence Curtis, the Republican incumbent in the 10th District, which includes Brookline and adjacent areas.

Officers of the HYDC expect a favorable reaction to Saltonstall's plea. In anticipation, they have already made plans for the campaign. Working in conjunction with Saltonstall's managers, the officers have mapped "elaborate arrangements" for an "active and effective" effort.

In addition to voting on Saltonstall, the Club members will be asked to elect a Yard Captain and an Assistant Yard Captain and to fill several vacancies on the organization's Executive Board.