Girl Eyes KKK Title

Widespread interest in the first annual Kampus Kuties Kontest's search for eight Radcliffe cheerleaders has inspired a national foundation to establish a travelling fellowship for cheerleading, it was learned over the week-end.

A spokesman for the foundation said last night that the fellowship will provide for an international exchange of students interested in cheerleading. "Cheerleading" the official noted, "has always been a vital source of Americana, and now we can spread it abroad."

When asked if a Harvard or Radcliffe student would receive the first fellowship, the Foundation spokesman replied, "Harvard is the best in everything else, why not cheerleading?"

Several Radcliffe students last night expressed themselves in favor of the idea. "I would like to go," said one, "because European boys are so much easier to lead than Harvard men. And they cheer louder, too." Another added that European cheerleading is "much more continental and less athletic. Over there," she said, "a cheerleader is a lady of refinement and not a circus acrobat."

Recommended Articles

Cheerleaders Take Third Place
The Harvard cheerleading team took third place Sunday in the co-ed college division at the National Cheerleaders Association (NCA) Northeast
Striving for Respect
While Harvard students all over campus are finally buckling down and working on their academics, one group of students has
V--I--C--T--O--R--Y
Close your eyes and slip back in time. It's the high school homecoming game. You are 16, the band is
Cheers
Cheerleading tryouts for the Boston Patriots-Washington Redskins game will be held Monday, August 21, at 2:30 p.m. in the Adams
Cheers
The decision of the Undergraduate Athletic Council to beef up the cheerleading squad may result in more impressive "fight team"s,
CHEERLEADERS' POSITION
To the Editors of the CRIMSON: In its action to change the status of cheerleaders and cheerleading at Harvard, the