Jordan Hits Syrian 'Aggression' In Jet Attack on Hussein Plane; Berlin Crisis Raises War Fears

By The ASSOCIATED Press

AMMAN, Jordan, Nov. 11--Premier Samir Rifai told a cheering emergency session of Parliament last night Jordan will accuse Syria of an act of aggression for intercepting King Hussein's vacation-bound plane. Thunderous applause greeted his announcement that the government would bring the case before the U.N. Security Council and would ask Secretary General Dag Hammarskjold to take quick measures for a debate.

A national holiday was declared to celebrate the adventurous King's escape from what he charged was an attempt to kidnap or kill him in a flight over Syria Monday. Hussein, who celebrates his 24th birthday Friday, emerged as a daring Moslem hero for defying the Syrian MIG fighters and making a successful getaway.

Some officials suggested President Nasser's United Arab Republic--of which Syria is a province--attempted to kidnap the pro-Western King and force him to abdicate in favor of a regime friendly to the U.A.R.

West Reacts to Berlin Announcement

WASHINGTON, Nov. 11--Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev seems to be setting the stage for a major effort to force the Western powers out of Berlin. The show-down this effect will produce may be slow in coming, perhaps one to three years. But it will probably carry the greatest danger of all-out war between the Soviet and Western blocs.

Those are the estimates made here of the future significance of Khrushchev's Monday announcement that the Soviets intend to turn over administration of East Berlin to the Communist authorities of East Germany.

U.S. and British spokeman turned down Khrushchev's demand for an end to their occupation of the city. The State Department reasserted the U.S. policy of fighting if necessary to preserve Western interests in the city which is entirely surrounded by East German territory.

The timing of his declaration may have been determined by interest in fostering Soviet ties with Communist Poland. Soviet attempts to settle German issues could be construed in Poland as being designed to pave the way for peaceful settlements and a demilitarized zone along the cold war front in Europe.

Cuban Rebels Release Captives

HAVANA, Nov. 11--The rebel high command announced last night it has released 25 passengers and 6 crewmen from two Cuban airliners hijacked in the air Oct. 21 and Nov. 5.

The rebels said all 31 persons were turned over to Red Cross representatives in eastern Cuba and that they arrived safely in Santiago. The rebel announcement said the release was carried out despite a government breach of good faith during a cease-fire arranged for the safe return of the captives.