Crimson Basketball Team to Seek First Win Tonight in Away Contest With Wesleyan Five

By Walter L. Goldfrank

The varsity quintet will be the underdog tonight when it meets a strong Wesleyan team in Middletown. The Crimson will be seeking its first win of the year, having last, 51 to 47, to Amherst Saturday.

Wesleyan boasts a veteran quintet that easily defeated Clark in its opening game, 78 to 53. The Cardinals are led by 6 ft., 5 in. center Don Skinner, who led the squad in scoring and rebounding as a junior last year. He plays the pivot position in Wesleyan's attack.

Cardinal coach John Wood said yesterday that his team is in good physical shape, with co-captain Dick Winner the only man on the injured list. He added that his squad "shot well, rebounded well, in fact played an excellent all-around game against Clark."

Along with Skinner, Wood will start a pair of 6 ft., 1 in. forwards, Jim Thomas and Lamar Frazier. Dave Hohl and co-captain Dick Cadigan will open at guard.

The Crimson will start with the same five that opened the Amherst contest. Captain Bob Repetto and Bob Bowditch will be at forward, Griff McClellan at center, and Mike Donohue and George Harrington at guard.

The squad had a light work-out yesterday, emphasizing shooting, which was the main reason for Saturday's loss at Amherst. Coach Floyd Wilson expressed "no alibis" for the defeat, and added that he would stick with the same offensive and defensive patterns the team had worked on all season.

Also seeking its first triumph of the year will be the Yardling quintet, which will face the Wesleyan freshmen in the preliminary game. The Yardlings lost to Amherst, 71 to 56, in their opener.