Radcliffe Indicates Intent to Reject Representation on Harvard Council

The Radcliffe Student Council indicated last night that it would reject any proposal for formal representation of Radcliffe on the Harvard Student Council. However, the members agreed that informal cooperation with the Harvard group on special projects would be welcomed.

On Monday evening, the Harvard Council heard a committee report which suggested that there be three Radcliffe students as voting members of the Council, to be selected by the Radcliffe Student Council.

Gail S. Warshofsky '59, president of the Radcliffe Student Government Association, said last night that Radcliffe will not vote officially on the representation question until Harvard makes a definite proposal in this direction. She stressed that Annex opinion is strongly opposed to the suggestion.

Miss Warshofsky asserted that "only the Radcliffe Student Council itself could speak for Radcliffe. Neither three girls nor a Harvard undergraduate body could represent Radcliffe opinion." She stated a marked preference for maintaining the present separate councils, with greater cooperation between them, especially in the area of educational policy.