Crimson Tennis Team Tops Weak B.U. Squad

For the second time in two days, the varsity tennis team routed its opponent without the loss of a single set. The victim yesterday was a weak Boston University squad that succumbed 10-0 to the Crimson onslaught in the first home match of the season.

Playing first singles, Larry Sears defeated Ray Kenney, 6-3, 9-7. Sears, who was unable to play in the M.I.T. match because of a blistered hand, was hardpressed in the second set, which represented Boston University's lone threat.

In the second singles position, Tim Gallwey outplayed Boston's Bill Macker, 6-3, 6-1. Third man Ned Weld had little trouble in defeating Elliot Young, 6-0, 6-1.

In other matches, Allan Goldman routed his opponent, 6-0, 6-1, Bill Wood won 6-3, 6-0, Fred Vinton scored a 6-0, 6-1 victory, and Peter Krogh triumphed with the score of 6-0, 6-0.

Despite Captain Dale Junta's absence, caused by a back injury which also side-lined him for the M.I.T. match, the varsity swept all three doubles matches without yielding two games in any set.

Playing first doubles, Jim Gallwey and Fred Vinton won, 6-1, 6-1. Ned Weld and Bill Wood triumphed 6-0, 6-0 in the second slot, while Jim Cameron and Dick Chute completed the sweep with a 6-1, 6-0 victory.