Lacrosse Teams Bow to Williams

Playing their most inspired games of the season, both the varsity and freshman lacrosse teams stunned the powerhouse Williams tens by fighting right down to the wire and succumbing only to last-minute rallies by scores of 11 to 9 and 13 to 12, respectively.

The varsity showing was incredible, considering the staggering injury list. In fact, Coach Bruce Munro feels that if Captain Jim Herscot had been able to play, the Crimson would have been victorious.

Taking over the team individual scoring lead, Dub Mallonee led the attack with four goals and two assists. Jerry Pyle and Nick Lamont, now second and third in team scoring, each registered two goals and an assist. Defenseman Bob Shaunessy got an assist by setting up Mallonee's final goal forty seconds from the end of the game.

The rags-to-riches freshman team, which opened the season with a 22-1 loss to Andover, actually led against Williams with 40 seconds remaining. However, a misplay and the last of the Crimson's twenty-four penalties aided the Ephs in scoring two goals at 14:20 and 14:50.