Lacrosse Team Crushes Brown

By John R. Adler

Everybody got into the act yesterday as the varsity lacrosse team scored an easy 13-4 victory over a Brown squad that will officially enter the Ivy League next Spring. Things got so informal under the warm May sun that with victory safely tucked away after three periods, Dick MacKinnon shed his goalie's pads for an attackman's stick, but failed to contribute to the scoring.

Nick Lamont had a field day as he easily spun around the Bruin defense time after time to tally six goals and an assist. Jerry Pyle, who helped out on midfield Wednesday, registered two goals and four assists for an attack which besieged the Brown goalie with 42 shots.

The game was well in hand by the end of the first half, when the Crimson led, 7 to 1. Dick Parks opened the scoring at 1:50 of the first period with a hard, low shot that escaped the goalie. After a Brown attackman batted an errant rebound past MacKinnon at 7:27, Nick Lamont scooped up a screen shot by Charlie Devens and scored. Devens, who took the place of Karl Bjork on the first midfield, played a fine game for a man who started the season on the fourth midfield.

The varsity attack broke loose in the second quarter, as Dave Birch, Lamont, Pyle, Dub Mallonee and Lamont again poured five goals past the hapless Bruin net-minder.

Some of the Crimson's walking wounded will be back in action for the Princeton game here tomorrow at 3 p.m.

The Freshmen scored an impressive 19-5 triumph over the Tufts Freshmen yesterday as captain Dave Bohn had five goals.