Scientists to Be Given Administrative Offices On Radcliffe Property

Radcliffe's recently acquired property at the corner of Garden and Shepard streets will house extra administrative offices for the government's satellite tracking program, Stewart Stearns, Radcliffe Business Manager, announced yesterday.

Two floors of the three-story house, formerly owned by the Elizabeth w. Storer Estate, will be converted into eight or nine offices and an electronics laboratory, Vaughan Harmon, a spokesman for the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, added.

Although the alterations in the house will not be completely finished for two or three weeks, Harmon said, two or three people will be moving into their offices "very soon." The equipment in the laboratory will be of the "simplest kind" and will deal with computation of the satellites' activities.

The two observatories are participating in the statistical treatment of the satellite data of the tracking program. The operation is sponsored by the U.S. National Committee of the International Geophysical Year.