Radcliffe Fund Conference Ends; Jordan Tells of Gain in Assets

The Radcliffe Development Fund Conference rounded out its two-day schedule last night with a dinner in Radcliffe's Comstock Hall. Wilbur K. Jordan, president of Radcliffe, spoke briefly to the group of 150 Radcliffe fund raisers.

President Jordan expressed appreciation for the strong support given the fund drive by graduates, whom he described as a "great and abiding esource." He reported that the college is building its assets more quickly than it had expected.

The President remarked, however, that although physical improvements are rapidly being made, there also is a great need for general endowment and unrestricted funds. "These are not as dramatic as physical improvements," he observed, "but they are the foundation on which academic greatness must be reared."

Mrs. Edward S. Stimpson, Alumnae President, introduced President Jordan. Forty-five out-of-state delegates attended the dinner, as well as representatives from many Massachusetts Radcliffe clubs. The program for the fund-raisers started Thursday morning, and has included conferences about the Development Fund and tours of the college.

Radcliffe expected some difficulty raising funds in competition with The Program for Harvard College.