Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

University Starts Dining Surveys

A study of undergraduate eating habits begun yesterday concluded that "most people eat the tomato off the lettuce and throw away the rest."

This hitherto unrevealed fact results from a survey by an independent research group hired to held the Administration find ways to reduce the predicted $150,000 deficit the Dining Hall Department says it will incur this year.

Besides results from this survey, the Administration says it will consider other recent suggestions such as letting students serve themselves, eliminating some meals, and serving some meals without seconds in deciding what actions it will then take.

One of yesterday's observers reported that almost 400 of the 466 students who ate at Lowell House last night came back for seconds or took two helpings the first time around. The researchers also checked the speed of the lines, and studied what food was eaten and what was discarded. These surveyors will use the same analysis if an temporary, self-service line is installed.