Squash Team to Face Wesleyan, Will Battle Navy Over Weekend

When the squash team meets Wesleyan this afternoon in Middletown, Conn., it will be facing a squad about which it knows virtually nothing. Practices during most of this week have been oriented toward Saturday's match with Navy rather than today's contest.

As usual, captain Gerry Emmet will be leading off for the Crimson, followed by Tim Gallwey and sophomore-flash Romer Holleran. Fred Vinton will hold down the number four position on the ladder.

The rivalry for first position between Emmet and Gallwey has hit a peak during the past wek, and as usual Gallwey at times edged out his teammate for top ranking. But Emmet, last year's number-two man and the second-ranked college player in the country, won the games that counted.

This Navy squad the varsity hopes to defeat Saturday was top team in the country last year. Like most service athletes, the Midshipmen will be big, tough, and in excellent physical shape.

Tony Lake, Jorge Lemann, Pete Smith, Jack Poole, and Alden Briggs will also be playing for the Crimson.