Student Council Votes To Create Committee On Election Reforms

In the wake of serious questioning of the recent Class Marshal elections, the Student Council last night voted to establish a committee "to investigate the possibility of changing election procedure" for all balloting under its supervision.

Support for the measure was virtually unanimous, and the Council urged the Committee to study all alternatives--broad questions of election procedures as well as the machinery of counting votes. Daniel A. Pollack '60 was appointed chairman.

In other action last night, the Council decided to set up a long term committee to report on Harvard-Radcliffe relations and the effect of Radcliffe on the College. The move came after long debate and the vote required a tie-breaking ballot by the president.

Terrence P. Curier '57-2, speaking in support of the study, criticized what he called "the feminizing of a masculine institution." He requested that the committee study not only the day-to-day problems of Harvard-Radcliffe relations, but also the whole question of co-education at the University.