B.C. Gains Fourth Win Over Sextet 5-3

By John R. Adler

Harvard won't be playing any more hockey games with B.C. this year. It's a good thing, too, for their fourth meeting at Watson Rink last night resulted in the Eagles' fourth victory, this time by a 5-3 score.

Before succumbing to B.C.'s two goal rally in the final period, the varsity played some of its best hockey of the season, and certainly its best effort against the Eagles. But true to the form of the three previous games, the Crimson surrendered its early lead to a pressing attack which made the most of every break.

The referees seemed to feel that highly-touted Eagle defender Tommy Martin was the outstanding performer on the ice, for on the four goals scored after passing attacks he was credited with assists, twice as the third man to touch the puck.

Again there was no doubting the Eagle's superiority, although for the first two periods it looked as though the noticeably small ice at Watson might tie up their free-wheeling offense. They were able in the third period, though, to click with a few sleeper plays and tally the deciding goals on wide open breaks down the right and left alleys, both set up by Martin at center ice.

In the opening minutes, both teams were obviously following pre-game instructions by forwarding the puck into the zone from behind the blue line and scrapping for an opening. The Crimson's Dick Reilly got just such an opening at 11:17 when he bounced the disk off a defender's stick and past startled goalie Jim Logue.

Just 23 seconds later, Crocker Snow took a pass from Stu Forbes in the center alley and blasted the puck over Logue's shoulder from 20 feet. The assault was short-lived, however, as B.C. began forechecking more convincingly and the varsity had trouble clearing the puck.

Just nine seconds of power play action after a charging penalty on Dick McLaughlin at 17:30 resulted in the Eagles' first goal. Martin found Bob Leonard standing outside the crease to Pratt's right, and a quick pass and shot netted the goal.

McLaughlin's infraction did not detract from his generally headsup, aggressive performance, one of his best this season. Along with Bud Higginbottom, he contributed to Dave Vietze's tying goal at 14:06 of the second period, on a short backhander from the right; and nine minutes before, he led the team in protest of a goal called on Harry Pratt, contending that the goalie had held the puck long enough for a whistle, and that a B.C. forward jarred it loose with his elbow