City Court Puts Off Yale Riot Hearings

NEW HAVEN--Forty-two Yale students will be able to enjoy their spring vacations before facing charges growing out of two snowball melees.

They filed into city court yesterday, prepared to answer breach of peace and other charges. But the case of the 42, arrested in the outbursts which led to a general probation for all Yale undergraduates, was postponed for a special session on April 11.

The new hearing will come nine days after the student body returns from spring vacation, which starts Saturday.

On Monday, the entire undergraduate body of about 3900 was placed on general probation by the three Deans. Any future misbehavior means expulsion.

Recommended Articles

Yard Burglar to Serve Two Years
Bringing an end to a five-month ordeal, the Yard Burglar's probation was formally revoked yesterday, sending him to a Massachusetts
Former Senator Anthony Galluccio Granted Parole
Former Massachusetts State Senator Anthony D. Galluccio, who was sentenced to a year in jail in January for violating his probation in a hit-and-run accident, was granted parole and will now be released on July 14.
Why I Root for Michael Vick
As a quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons in 2004, Michael Vick led his team to the National Football Conference championship game.
Harvard Faker Adam Wheeler Pleads Guilty to 20 Counts
Court: Wheeler Violated Probation
The sentencing of Adam Wheeler, the former student who pleaded guilty last year to faking his way into Harvard, has been postponed pending examination by mental health officials.
Wheeler Sentenced to One Year in Prison After Violating Probation
WOBURN, Mass.—Adam B. Wheeler, who pleaded guilty last year to faking his way into Harvard and cheating the University out of over $45,000, was sentenced to one year in prison, on Friday after he landed back in court last month for violating his probation.