Council Plans Panel Discussions To Examine University Problems

The Student Council plans to institute a series of panel discussions to "give students a chance to have their say on problems of concern to the Undergraduate community," Council President Edward L. Croman '60 announced yesterday.

Featuring Administration officials, faculty members, and student "experts," the panels will give students "an opportunity to see face to face the men who make the decisions, to question them and to give their opinions," Croman said.

Leading off the series will be a discussion on Harvard-Radcliffe integration, with Dean Monro, Dean Brown, David E. Owen '27, Master of Winthrop House, and Elliot Perkins '23, Master of Lowell House. Owen was the first Master to affiliate his House with a Radcliffe Hall, while Perkins has been an outspoken opponent of affiliation.

Croman, who will serve as moderator for the programs, voiced hope that the panels would continue as an organ for student opinion. "It's amazing how much the students have have been divorced from policy making," he commented.

Entitled "How Close Should We Be to the 'Cliffe?," the first discussion will take place in Winthrop House on Monday evening, April 13. Future events will be planned.