Masters Praise Study on Houses

The Masters yesterday expressed strong approval of the recent report on the House system made by the Student Council Committee on the Houses.

Delmar Leighton '19, Master of Dudley House, said "I feel very strongly that the report is obviously the result of a good deal of study on the part of responsible undergraduates and gives House staffs a chance to take their bearings in the light of undergraduate opinion."

Agreeing with Leighton, Elliott Perkins '23, Master of Lowell House, called the study "an extremely thorough and perceptive analysis of the House system, and its problems and acomplishments, which offers sound practical suggestions for improved performance."

Kirkland House has already started to act on the report, which came out Monday, Charles H. Taylor, Master of Kirland, reported. "We are discussing some points of it now," he said, "and we have set up a subcommittee to study the possibility of appointing a House member to initiate various events which would give students and tutors a greater opportunity to meet."