Report States Russian Team To Make Trip

Delegation to Study Possible Exchange

A delegation of five Russian professors will arrive in Cambridge Monday to study the feasibility of future cultural exchange, the government in Washington has informed the University. The group will reciprocate an earlier trip to Russia made by five Harvard professors.

The Washington report cleared up previous uncertainty about the Russian visit. The University had not heard from Leningrad, and officials who were to be concerned with the delegation were doubtful about its arrival.

The proposed future exchange would be between the faculties of the two universities and would begin next fall under the terms of the Lacey-Zaroubin Cultural Exchange Agreement.

If the men do arrive as planned, they will try to become acquainted with the work and interests of the faculty. At the end of a week they will report back to Russia.

Headed by Rector A. D. Alexandrov, the group represents many different fields of education; mathematics, physics, Spanish languages, biology, and Chinese history.

Academician V. D. Feck, and Professors G. V. Stepanov, B. P. Tokin, and G. V. Efinov compose the remainder of the delegation. L. P. Stupin will possibly accompany them as an interpreter.