Yardling Nine Beats Andover

The Freshman baseball team put together 10 hits for 14 runs as it rolled over the Andover nine, 14 to 4, for its third straight win here yesterday. Showing its best offensive form to date, the team belabored three opposing pitchers and scored in every inning but the sixth.

Southpaw Tom Boone started the game for the Crimson and went all the way, striking out ten and walking only three. With good support behind him, Boone was far more effective than in his first start Saturday against Northeastern.

Though Andover touched the stocky lefthander for 12 hits, he kept the blows scattered and was never in any serious trouble after the first inning.

Center fielder Phil Bernstein, who has been the team's outstanding hitter to date, led the attack with a single and a two-run homer. His round-tripper in the second inning was a towering blast down the right field line and was still rolling when Bernstein crossed the plate.

Third baseman Mike Drummey picked up two doubles, and captain and short-stop Dave Morse drove in two runs as the Crimson capitalized on seven walks and two Andover errors to produce the largest run total amassed by a Freshman team in several years.

The Yardlings, already established as an excellent defensive club, showed that their hitting might prove to be their strongest point. With two effective hurlers in Boone and Yarbro, the prospects for their remaining games are bright.