James B. Conant Among Speakers At Summer School Conferences

Among the highlights of the Harvard Summer Session are two conferences on currently important topics of national significance, sponsored by the Summer School. The list of speakers at the public sessions includes President Emeritus James Bryant Conant, former High Commissioner to Germany.

One of the conferences, "Scientific Creativity in an Organzational Setting," July 20-22, will bring distinguished scientists to Cambridge, as well as leaders in industry, government, and education.

The speakers at the public sessions of the conference on scientific creativity are: J. Bronowski, Director of the Coal Research Establishment of the National Coal Board, England, and author of The Common Sense of Science and Science and Human Values; James A. Shannon, Director of the National Institute of Health; Emmanuel R. Piore, Director of Research at the I.B.M. Corporation; and H. B. G. Casimir of the Philips Research Laboratories in the Netherlands.

At what promises to be one of the most exciting sessions of the Educational Administration Conference, President Emeritus Conant will speak on "What I Saw and What I Forsee in the Secondary School."