Five Teachers Join GSE Staff; Orton Named Visiting Professor

Psychologist Appointed

Five new teachers will join the faculty of the Graduate School of Education next September. The recently-announced appointments include three visiting lecturers, a visiting professor, and a lecturer on Education.

Don Alfred Orton, Dean of the State College of Education at the University of Utah, has been named Visiting Professor of Education. Dean Orton, whose field is educational administration, enjoyed extensive experience in secondary school administration.

Anne Roe, a pioneer worker in normal adult psychology, alcoholism, public health, and applied psychology, has been appointed Lecturer on Education. She will teach courses in Education and do research in guidance.

Victor Guellemin, Jr., Charles F. Rudolph, Jr., and Priscilla Tyler will be visiting lecturers in the School of Education. Guillemin, who is Professor of Biophysics at the University of Illinois, School of Medicine, will be Visiting Lecturer in Physics and Associate Director of the Academic Year Institute for Teachers of Science and Mathematics. Rudolph will teach the history of American education. He formerly served as Assistant Professor of History at Williams College. Tyler, who is Assistant Professor of English and Assistant Dean of Mather College, will be visiting Lecturer on the Teaching of English.