Senators Declare Hope for Repeal Of NDEA's Disclaimer Affidavit; Students Push Mail Campaign

Group to Contact 200

Student activity to urge repeal of the disclaimer affidavit of the National Defense Education Act has reached a new intensity during the past week. The Committee for the Repeal of 1001 (f) reports that complementary groups have started at Radcliffe, Antioch, and the University of Chicago.

Activity here has centered on urging students to write their Congressmen. Committee officials estimate that over 200 University students will have been visited personally by Thursday.

A statement of principles drawn up by the local group will be distributed this afternoon in the Union and Houses together with information on the writing of protest letters. In its pronouncement entitled "Write Fiercely, Harvard," the group quotes Senator John F. Kennedy '400 as saying "there must be a clearer and more articulate student voice in the months ahead."

"The House fight will be tough," the Committee warns in its pronouncement, but "letters from Harvard students protesting the affldavit will have considerable effect."

An office providing names of Senators and Representatives and their positions on the issue has been set up to aid student letter writers.