Write-In Rocky Group Organizes

By John R. Adler

A group of Ivy League Rockefeller enthusiasts, headed by Benson D. Scotch 2L, is planning an attempt to bring back to life the moribund Rocky-for-President movement.

The group hopes that the Rockefeller campaign will be revivified by write-in votes in the March 8 Presidential primary in New Hampshire. "We believe that many people are still interested in Rockefeller for president," asserted Scotch, acting president of the Write-In Rocky Club, an unofficial confederation of members at Yale, Wellesley, Radcliffe, and Harvard.

Constitutionally, the group, which is a descendant of the Students for Rockefeller Club, is limited to activity in the New Hampshire primary, but it has the option to reorganize on a more formal basis later. The immediate problem, Scotch said, is to recruit members and raise money to supplement the $14 treasury bequeathed by the Students for Rockefeller, who voted at their final meeting not to donate the money to the Harvard Young Republican Club.

Funds will be used for advertisements and posters, and beginning Feb. 6 for weekend doorbell-ringing trips to New Hampshire. Scotch estimated that "it is not unfeasible that 20,000 voters, or about one-fourth of the electorate, would be contacted." He emphasized that he wanted to maintain an "anti-professional attitude" about the venture, because "the professionals have stuffed Nixon down everyone's throat."