Eisenhower Predicts $750 Billion For Coming Decade's Economy; Snow Storm Blasts British Isles

By The ASSOCIATED Press

WASHINGTON, Jan. 20--President Eisenhower drew a glowing picture today of a future America--increasingly prosperous, overflowing with well-being, leaping to a 750-billion-dollar economy in the decade ahead. An annual national output of three-quarters of a trillion dollars would be "half again what it is today," Eisenhower said, "and this performance could be bettered if..."

Because of the if, the President coupled his predictions with calls for precautions in his annual economic report to Congress. This is the third and final major message required of the chief executive at the outset of a new session.

He spoke up, not only for price stability but also for price reductions.

Eisenhower said, too, that continuing efforts must be put forth by consumers, labor, management and government to fend off inflation, speculative excesses, and recessions.

Drifts Reach Twelve Feet

LONDON, Jan. 20--Scores of villages were cut off tonight by a blizzard in Scotland and northern England.

It piled up snowdrifts 12 feet deep in places and caused at least four deaths.

In the wind-lashed North Sea, at least two ships met disaster. One, the small Dutch coaster Bermuda, capsized while being towed to safety. Her crew of five was lost.

The 261-ton Belgian freighter Vinotra broke in two and sank in heavy seas off Holland. Its master and his wife, the only persons on board, were missing.

A Dutch minesweeper fought her way to a haven after losing a rudder in the storm off the Dutch north coast.

Elsewhere in Britain, transportation was a problem for thousands of stranded motorists and train passengers. Snow plows worked through the day to reach them.

As dusk fell over northern Europe, the icy winds died down and weather forecasters predicted warmer air from the south would bring relief to Scotland Thursday. In the southeast, Austria braced for a cold wave after two sunny days.

Traffic in Scandinavia was running normally again after two days of winter storms. In Italy there was intermittent rain.

President to Visit Japan

WASHINGTON, Jan. 20--President Eisenhower marked the start of his final year in office today by accepting an invitation to visit Japan next June on his way home from a tour of the Soviet Union.

The President also invited Japan's Crown Prince Akihito and his young wife, Princess Michiko, to come to the United States. Prime Minister Nobusuke Kishi promised Eisenhower at a White House meeting that he will try to arrange a visit by the royal couple in May or later.