Postcard Campaign in Dining Halls By Committee for Repeal of 1001f Marks Culmination of Drive

In its final mass appeal, the Committee for the Repeal of 1001 (f) will undertake a postcard siege of Congress.

The student-faculty group urging re-peal of the disclaimer affadavit of the National Defense Education Act will distribute the cards at the dining halls today, to all students interested in writing their Congressmen.

In today's postcard campaign, the Committee will concentrate on the House of Representatives, on the 32 Senators most likely to change their minds, and on a few possible "dissenters." Following the Harvard finale, the Committee will expand its operation to state colleges in the Midwest, considered by some as "more normal" than the Ivy League institutions.

Committee president Alexander Korns '62 estimated that about 500 undergraduates have already written to Washington. Of some 200 students with Representatives from the House Education and Labor Committee and from the Texas delegation, Korns said that about 75 per cent had written.

An information office set up by the Committee this week had received 185 calls by last night, its final night open. Korns expected that all those who had called the office would probably write to their Congressmen.

Representatives of the Committee will be in each House dining hall, in the Union, and in the Radcliffe living rooms at both lunch and dinner.

Lists of Congressmen and their home districts will be available at the tables for students who do not know whom to write.