CRIMSON Comp To Open Tonight

The editors of the CRIMSON announce the first competition of the year for all boards--editorial, news, business, and photography. Crimeds will welcome interested freshmen, sophomores, and juniors tonight and tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. in the Crimson building, 14 Plympton St.

The paper will offer liquid refreshments and a tour of the facilities, as well as general instructions on the horrors-to-come for those who eventually decide to try out for one of the boards. Radcliffe editors urge their schoolmates to join in the fun of publishing Cambridge's only breakfast daily.

The CRIMSON, which boasts among its former members a President of the United States, a prospective President, and a Harvard President emeritus, offers unparalleled opportunities not only to find out what is going on in Cambridge, but also to do something about it. Once elected, editors can spend their time on anything from probing the University's innermost secrets to caustically discussing local cinema.

Competitions in general require between six and ten weeks. The rigors of previous years' endurance battles will be considerably alleviated this fall, although free beer will be served only at tonight's and tomorrow night's meetings.