Foes Toast Old Rivalry Tonight

It's Christmas for the local liquor merchants, and less than a week until Thanksgiving for those homesick freshmen who don't have dates, but for everyone else within shouting distance tonight is Yale night.

Harvard and Yale men have a talent for burying the hatchet, beer mug, or whatever may be handy and enjoying the year's biggest night together.

Every House and the Freshman Union will have dances, beginning after the end of parietal hours at 8 p.m. Eliot House's "Blue Room" will feature Ruby Newman's Orchestra and the Whiffenpoofs, while George Graham and the Baker's Dosen of Yale will furnish the entertainment at Lowell House's "Yale Dance".

The Freshmen will celebrate the end of their first hour exams at the University with the "Bulldog Blues" at the Union. Ken Reeves and his ensemble will play.

Dunster and Leverett will combine for a dance in the Leverett dining room called 'Stompin' the Blues." This optimistic gathering will hear the Kansas City Stompers, Herb Weene Trio, and the Baker's Dosen.

Tony Vye will play at Winthrop's "New Haven Special" and folk singers Booker Bradshaw and Sue Kalb will feature the program at Kirkland's "The Blue Heaven" Adams and Quincy are each planning dances for members only.

For the non-dancers Brigitte Bardot in "Come Dance With Me" is at the Brattle, and "Dark at the Top of the Stairs" is playing at the University.