Offices From GSAS, Weld, University Hall Will Move Next Fall

The move to new office space in the Health Center and Administration Building will involve the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, GSAS functions, and all Weld Hall Administrative offices, Dean Bundy said yesterday.

Use of the top five floors in the new building at Mount Auburn and Dunster Streets, which will be ready for occupancy at registration next Fall, will allow more efficient use of available space, Bundy noted.

He pointed out that the College Admissions and Scholarship office, which now has space on three different floors of University Hall, will be centralized on the ninth floor of the new building.

The Registrar's Office, which serves both the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the Admissions Office, will be sandwiched between them on the eighth floor to promote greater cooperation between the departments, Bundy noted. With the Registrar now in University Hall and the GSAS in temporary quarters, after having moved from Farlow House, such contact is impossible.

The first five floors of the structure will be devoted to Health Services, except for a section of the first floor that will house the University Information Office and Student Employment Center now located in Weld Hall.

The Faculty of Arts and Sciences will occupy the seventh, eighth, and ninth floors. Besides these offices the section will include the General Service Office, the Summer School, and various Graduate services. The Planning and Purchasing Offices will occupy part of the sixth door.