Russians Call Election 'Game'

Newsmen and students crowding into Quincy House yesterday morning heard a Russian visitor claim that "American students have turned the campaign into a sort of game."

Valentina Titova, leader of a group of eight Russians who arrived here yesterday, cited campaign buttons and political advertising as evidence that Americans do not take issues as seriously as Russians. Another Russian visitor quoted a University of New Hampshire student as favoring Kennedy because he was "more pleasant."

In reference to rumors of a Malenkov coup, Miss Titova claimed that "such an occurence is impossible." "Khrushchev enjoys immense popularity in the Soviet Union, and what he says represents the opinion of the people. I can only congratulate Reuters on its ability to amuse the public," she declared.

The eight Russian visitors, who arrived Oct. 26 for a month's stay in America, will remain in the Boston area a week. Traveling under the auspices of the Experiment in International Living, the group includes a metallurgist, an editor, an athlete, and two members of the Communist party.