Dudley House Offers Program of Seminars

Three Dudley House colloquia--"American Experience in the 20th Century," one in the contemporary arts, and a new science group--will be conducted during the coming year. Plans for seminars in Adams, Dunster and Kirkland were disclosed yesterday.

Letters have been sent to prospective members of the social science "American Experience" colloquium, Delmar Leighton '19, Master of the House, said yesterday. Benjamin I. Schwartz, associate professor of History and Government, Michael A. Weinberg, teaching fellow in History and Literature, and H. Francols Wilkinson, teaching assistant in Economics, will lead the seminar.

At a dinner next week, the colloquium in contemporary arts will assemble for its first meeting. Frederick B. Deknatel, William Dorr Boardman Professor of Fine Arts, will lead the group, with the assistance of Preston K. Munter, psychiatrist to the University Health Services, and Arthur D. Trottenberg '48, assistant dean of the Faculty.

The final Dudley colloquium, in natural science, has not been completely formulated. At present, a list is posted in the House for students to sign. The character of the colloquium--whether it will be in physical or biological sciences--will depend on the students joining.