Sextet to Face Cornell, Colgate

The hockey varsity will make its Ivy League debut this week-end on a read trip including games with Cornell and Colgate. The Crimson is favored to win both contests, although Cornell, by dint of a strong sophomore contingent, is much improved over last year's team.

The Crimson will play in Ithaca, N.Y. tonight at 3 p.m., and meet Colgate in Hamilton tomorrow.

After scoring an overtime goal to defeat Boston College, wing Jerry Jorgenson has been moved up to an alternating position on one line, as part of a minor revision in the lineup made by Coach Cooney Welland. The other part of the change puts Bill Beckett with Dave Morse and Dave Grannis on another second line.

Jim Dwinell, the regular third member of this line is not making the trip because of a back injury sustained in play over Christmas vacation. When he returns to fulltime duty, Dwinell will alternate with Beckett.

Jorgenson will join Stew Forbes and Dave Crosby on the first line, switching off with Crocker Snow. His overtime goal, scored at 3:49, gave the Crimson an impressive victory and moved Harvard high among the Ivy League's top title contenders.

The Crimson's third line-Dean Alpine, Ted Ingalls, and Tom Hointsman-will be the same for the Cornell contest as it has been for two years, the only change in the defense is the recent return of Bob McCoy, who was hit in the face with a puck during preseason practice.

Cornell's sophomores will be the key to the Big Red's effort tonight. The most important of them are goalie Laing Kennedy and the line of Pete Clark, Bob McKee, and Harvey Edson, who were outstanding in the Big Red's 5-3 loss to Yale just before the vacation.

Yale, on the strength of a 2-0 record, is currently leading the Ivy League, and the Elis' narrow margin of victory-the game was not decided until the last seven minutes-indicates Cornell's overall ability.