Yale Tickets

November might be called the Month of American Traditions; witness Election Day (Nov. 7), Armistice Day (Nov. 11), Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 23), and, of course, The Game (Nov. 25). This year, a coincidence of Presidential (United States) proclamation and Presidential (Harvard) ukase has dictated that the latter two Traditions shall fall in the same week, or, more exactly, that The Game shall follow The Day by two revolutions of the Sun.

Friday is not, of course, a University holiday; nevertheless, an astonishing number of students will be found many miles from College dining halls, at the very time that tickets for The Game are usually distributed. Absence from the College on the day following Thanks-giving is a strong, if unofficial, undergraduate tradition. The University need not officially condone such leave-taking, but it might for once be a sport. One hopes that the Department of Athletics, not always alert in these matters, will start grinding its mills a little faster and make student tickets available earlier in the week.