Crimson Sextet Swamps Weak Brown Squad, 8-1

Powerful Crimson hockey forces swept to an easy 8-1 victory before a small and uninterested crowd at Providence last night. The Crimson now has a 4-0 record in Ivy League play and should be a solid choice over Dartmouth at Hanover on Saturday night.

Gerry Jorgenson began the Crimson spree with a score early in the first period on an assist from Tim Taylor and Stu Forbes. Taylor dropped the puck in front of the net, Forbes shot and missed, and Jorgenson scored on the rebound.

Brown's only tally of the evening came with the Crimson a man short in the first period. With Dave Morse out on an interference penalty, Brown scored with a three-on-two break.

The second and third Crimson goals were both scored by Crocker Snow, the first on an assist from Bob Anderson, and the second on an assist from Chris Norris. Dean Alpine scored on an assist from Ted Ingalls, and Jim Dwinell tallied on a pass by Morse to round out the first period.

Second Period Goal

The only Harvard score of the second period came when Dwinell connected after an assist by Anderson and Morse. In a surprise move at the start of the third period, Coach Cooney Weiland moved Larry Johnson to an offensive position. Playing at wing for the first time this year, Johnson scored both Crimson goals of the third period--one on a pass from Dwinell, and the last unassisted.

Bobby Bland, tending the Crimson goal during the first period, made six saves and had the lone Brown goal scored against him. Godfrey Wood made twelve saves in the second and third periods, a few of them particularly valuable when Taylor was out on a holding penalty.