Bibring, Schuknecht Receive Professorships; Three in Business School Raised to Chairs

Two members of the Medical School Faulty and three at the Business School have been appointed to professorships. Three assistant professors and a lecturer of the Humanities will become associate professors.

The president-elect of the American Psychoanalytical Association, Dr. Grete Bibring, has been appointed to the Medical Professorship of Psychiatry at Medical School. Dr. Bibring is presently an associate professor. She is also serving as the Psychiatrist-in-Chief of the Beth-Israel Hospital and is vice-President of the International Psychoanalytical Association.

Harold F. Schuknecht

The Medical School has also named Dr. Harold F. Schuknecht, a surgeon and specialist in deafness, to the Walter Augustus Lecompte Professorship of Oncology. In addition, he will become a professor of Laryngology. Schuknecht, has been a surgeon and research director at the Henry Ford Hospital of Detroit, will succeed Dr. LeRoy A. Schall in July.

Three associate professors at the Business School will also become professors. E. Raymond Corey, a specialist in industrial marketing, Stephen H. Fuller, a specialist in labor relations, and Lawrence E. Thompson, a specialist in finance and taxation, will receive professorships in July.

At the same time, Giles Constable '50, an assistant professor of History, Burton S. Dreben '49, an assistant professor of Philosophy, David G. Hughes '47, an assistant professor of Music, and George Makdisi, a lecturer on Semitic Languages, will become associate professors in the humanities.

Jerzy Soltan, a Polish architect, has also been named visiting professor of Architecture. He is now professor of Architecture at the School of Fine Arts in Warsaw.