K. of C. Games Tomorrow

By Michael S. Lottman

Crimson track men will bid for some of that old-time glory in the K. of C. Games tomorrow night at Boston Garden. In the top attraction, varsity captain Mark Mullin and probably Ed Hamlin and Eddie Meehan will face a star-studded field in the George Carens Mile for New England collegians.

Mullin, Hamlin, and Meehan will run against such old nemeses as Dave Farley of Brown and (shudder) Bobby Mack of Yale. Mack and Mullin have staged some epic battles over the years.

In the Farrell 500 for New England runners, the Crimson's Don Kirkland will try to avenge an earlier defeat by Ed Tantorski of B.U.

Freshman Aggrey Awori could make national headlines. He is entered in the 50-yard dash against Frank Budd of Villanova, and after turning in a 4.5 40 earlier this week, Awari is a threat to beat anyone, anywhere. Awori may also go in the hurdles, where again he is a first-place contender.

Crimson weight men Ted Bailey and Art Doten and shot putters Rick DeLone and Art Croasdale should place well in their specialties. Marty Beckwith could figure in the broad jump and the high jump.

If Mullin, Kirkland, Hamlin, and Meehan are not drooping from earlier exertions, coach Bill McCurdy may put them in the featured two-mile relay against such powers as Villanova, Fordham, and N.Y.U. They should not be outclassed.