Student Activity Cards Sold to Freshmen

Freshmen were sold student activity cards for the first time this year, as part of a Freshman Council project aimed in part at defraying the expected expenses for next spring's Jubilee Weekend.

The cards cost $1 each. More than 800 have been purchased so far.

Card-carrying Freshmen get reduced rates at almost all Council-sponsored activities. So far, ticket holders have attended two dances at a saving of more than 20 per cent. The council has hinted at a larger discount for future functions.

Besides helping to pay for Jubilee Weekend, proceeds from the ticket sale will be distributed among numerous Freshman organizations, with the Yardling alone receiving $125. Some of the money will finance budgets for upcoming Freshman activities, in particular the dance scheduled for the weekend of the Yale game.

The Jubilee Weekend is traditionally the biggest Freshman event of the spring, and also the least profitable. Last year the Council lost over $1000 on that weekend, but plans a smaller budget for this spring's affair, and hopes that more Freshman will be able to find dates and come.