Crimeds Crease HCUA Ringers

Although extremely hard-pressed by a fighting quintet from the HCUA, the CRIMSON's mighty basketball cagers achieved a dramatic come-from-behind 23-2 victory in a contest on top of Leverett towers the other day.

Andy Schaffer and Larry Galindo paced the Council with 3/4 points apiece, all obtained by rather dubious methods. Schaffer, an annoyingly proficient guard, was finally removed on a stretcher after pressing his luck too far.

The heart-warming thing about the game was the fact that a bunch of regular fellows--hard working students like you and me--was able to play and beat hard-core professionals. In view of the fact that an overwhelming percentage of the Council players were Canadians with doubtful amateur standing, and despite the fact that the game extended the CRIMSON's schedule so as to interfere with "normal" study requirements, and considering that the Council's approach to athletics is "commercialized" as witnessed by its heavy recruiting in recent elections, the CRIMSON did remarkably well.