Crimson Tops B.C., Williams in Golf Match

By Ronald G. Strackbein

Playing its first home match yesterday afternoon on the Myopia Hunt Club course, the varsity golf team picked up first victories of the season by defeating Williams and Boston College by the scores of 5-2.

The Crimson showing was surprisingly strong since it was only the second time this year that the first seven played its "home" course. Five men shot 80 or lower; perhaps the most notable individual effort was a 76 by Dave at number four.

While shooting a 78 Bruce Johnstone overwhelmed Capelli of Williams 3-2 and Foley of B.C. 5-4. Enroute to a 77 Abrams won two of the closest matches of the day, 2-1 over Smith of Williams and 1 up over Erwin of B.C. In the number six slot Bob Holton marked up another two wins for the Crimson in pulling out a 1 up victory over Foehl of Williams and 2 up over of B.C. The day's widest margins were piled up by Bob Seelert in crushing Carr of B.C. 6-3 and Greenlee of Williams 3-2.

But the lowest round of the day was shot by William's number four man, Kilborne, who covered the 6500 Myopia links with 74 strokes. Abrams shot the Crimson's best game a 37, going out.

The varsity will try to improve its 2-1 victory Friday against Brown and Williams at Myopia.