Harvard Skiers Face Dartmouth

More than 60 Harvard ski bugs are expected to make the trek this morning to Tuckerman's Ravine on the Mt. Washington slopes, New Hampshire, for the annual Harvard-Dartmouth Slalom.

The Crimson, which holds a two-win advantage in the 31-year-old competition, will try to gain its third straight triumph over the sheltered boys from Hanover. The race is the oldest competitive event in collegiate skiing.

A confusing system of scoring is used to compute team totals in the event, and the end result is that anyone who shows up for the races, even if he has to crawl through the gates, can add significant points. Anyone with a remote Harvard connection is eligible to ski for Fair Harvard.

In the past, Harvard victories have rested more on quantity of skiers than quality, and Ken Kern, president of the Harvard Ski Club, feels that mass participation is the key to victory tomorrow. Anyone interested in going, even if just to add moral support and enjoy the wild beer parties at the Ski Club Cabin tonight and tomorrow after the race is over, should head for New Hampshire.