Trackmen Coast to GBIC Crown After Amassing Huge Early Lead

The varsity track team is now the Greater Boston Intercollegiate champion. Yesterday the runners contributed a cluster of thirds, fourths, and fifths, but the first point they scored was enough to settle the issue.

On Tuesday, the varsity field event men tallied 56 points to put the Crimson far in the lead. A.B.U. rally yesterday gave the Terriers a two-day total of 56 1/2. so the varsity's first point was all that was needed. The Crimson eventually finished with 76. B.C. was third with 52, and no one else was even close.

Eddie Meehan was third in the 880 yesterday at 1:57.2, and Rick Jones came in third in the high hurdles. Aurel DeHollan, ran 10:05, his best time ever, to take a third in the two mile, and the mile relay unit finished third in a slow 3:27.

Fourth places were contributed by Hobie Armstrong in the 100, and Dave Nawi in the 220. Greg Baldwin in the mile, Jones in the 100, Zeke Azikiwe in the 220, and Nawi in the 440 added fifth-place points.

The freshmen beat Andover yesterday, 95 1/2 to 30 1/2. Aggrey Awori leaped 23 feet in his first try at the broad jump, and ran the high hurdles in 14.4.