Mice Study Cops Award

Frederick L. Moolten, a third-year student at the Harvard Medical School, has received the 1962 Soma Weiss award for his research on tumor regulatory mechanisms for mice.

Moolten's paper-- The Effect of Thyroxin on Nucleic Acid and Protein Metabolism in House Thyrotropic Pituitary Tumors"--was one of six presented at the 22nd annual undergraduate assembly of the Harvard Medical Society, May 15.

The six papers presented at the assembly were selected from among 24 abstracts, most representing two or three years of intensive investigation. The authors selected include: Charles R. Jorgenson (fourth year), "A Common Pathway for Sugar Transport in Hamster Small intestine;" Charles W. Loes (fourth year), "The Control of Galastone-Formenting Enzymes in N. Coli:" and Aalph A. W. Lehman (fourth year), "Perfusion Studies of Diodrast and Isulin Transport Out of Cerebrospinal Fluid."

Also: Michael N. Ozman (third year), "Interferon Production by, and Interferon Sensitivity of the Rous Sarcoma Virus (RSV);" and Charles D. Woody (fourth year), "Conversion of Analogue Data to Computer Acceptable Format."