HCUA Changes Put into Effect

Harvard's dining hall administration has accepted and put into effect the following recommendations of the Harvard Council on Undergraduate Affairs:

* opening Leverett House for lunch at 11:50 a.m. instead of 12:15;

* increasing the varieties of ice cream served with dinner meals;

* bettering the quality of Saturday night meals from the Central Kitchen, since a large number of men bring dates to the dining hall on that evening.

The HCUA also suggested to the administration that at least one dining hall be opened to students on the Sunday evening prior to the return from summer, Christmas, and Spring vacations--on a regular board rather than a couponpayment basis, thus incurring no extra charge to students.

The Harvard Union was proposed as the most logical dining hall to be opened. Dining hall officials will study the HCUA's recommendations and decide after Commencement whether it will be put into effect.

In addition, the HCUA cited the possibility of exempting students from meals (during certain periods) for religious reasons. The council will work with the dining hall administration during the summer and release a complete report on the dining hall operation next Fall.