YAF and Student Poll

In the Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Unfortunately, at least three points of the CRIMSON's article [May 17] concerning the "Survey of Student Opinion Regarding the Cold War" have left your readers with unwarranted conclusions.

* A telephone call to Dr. Ronald D. Paegie in New Haven, Conn., chairman of the Student Foreign Policy Poll Committee, which is conducting the poll nationally, reveals that YAF has not, as stated in the article, helped him to "find students at different schools to conduct" the polls. Only one college representative besides me is, according to Paegie, even a member of YAF.

* The decision to release the results of the poll is in no way contingent on "how they turn out," as the May 17 article claimed. The results are being published in "The Moderator," and will be made available to the press, including the CRIMSON.

* The article gives the general impression that the principle purpose of poll is the furtherance of some grand intrigue against the NSA. Neither the local nor national organization of Young Americans for Freedom has any connection whatever with the poll. Nor does the CRNSO, the YRNF College Caucus, or any other conservative national organization concerned with NSA. David L. Morton '63