Riggs Says: Rule Change Will Not Pass

By Fave Levine

M. Pearson '63, President of Hall, yesterday expressed "very doubts that the proposed rules will be passed" when it comes a vote in RGA this week, adding would be dramatic if it was.

her first belief by re- the " opposition on this side of to curfew liberalization, citing , and Comstock, as well dorm.

Pearson, most vocal spokesman opposition which was a 1 to 2 in the recent RGA Poll, would specific about her plans in the adoption of the new rules. She rule out anything.

(presumably from RGA, not ) would be futile for one she said. "But if there is a lot --maybe--I don't know...." also mentioned the possibility of the referendum which only required request or 96 students, or a meeting the entire government Association, needs the request of 54.

of these plans, however, depend on the developments of the next few which will include a meeting of the and President Bunting about the a meeting of the Board of Trustees approve the new RGA Constitution, a ve statement on the rules change President Bunting, and the all-important RGA meeting.

Pearson did not feel that strong by President Bunting would be the deciding factor in the . She did, however, feel that clarification of the Administration's was necessary and long overdue. a fundamental question about the system is the extent of Administration involvement.

There was even the possibility, she that once President Bunting's were more defined, even if favorable change, some students might they were opposed. She noted those who originally were opposed to the proposal (approximately 200 as of 23) had not changed their minds, a number of the 400 girls who voted for the change were now wavering.