Cambridge and Environs

Summer School's Social Director has planned two trips to points historic interest in Boston and nearby Massachusetts. Both tours place this weekend, with the trip through historic Boston for 10 a.m. Saturday, and an all-day tour of historic Plymouth surrounding area planned to start at 9 a.m. on Sunday.

Boston trip will last about two and one half hours. The buses travel on Boston's famed Freedom Trail and will stop at the Museum; the Constitution, achored in Boston Harbor; Paul House, the Old State House, the site of the Boston Tea Party, any other places of particular historical interest.

Plymouth trip leaves Sunday morning at 9 a.m., and will last eight hours. Buses will stop at the Adams' mansions in Quincy, Webster's home in Marshfield, and other points along the way. time will be allowed in Plymouth to see Plymouth Rock, a fine reconstruction of the original Pilgrim settlement, and the Mayflower exact reconstruction of the original ship). The tour will also Plymouth museum, and the old cemetery; if there is time, will continue to the Cape Cod Canal.

minimum fee will be charged to cover the cost of the buses: historic Boston: $2.25

historic Plymouth: $6.00

must be purchased at Matthews 4 (Social Director's Office) on Thursday (July 26).

theatres:

Theatre (Framingham): telephone CE 9-9180; TR 2-3577. 23 to July 28: "Pal Joey" starring Steve Lawrence.

30 to August 5: Gordon and Sheila MacRae play the lead roles "Bells Are Ringing."

Shore Music Theatre (Beverly): telephone WA 2-8500.

23 to 28: Mary Curtis-Verna plays in "Roberta."

30 to August 11: "Flower Drum Song" starring Betty Ann Grove. Shore Music Circus (Cohasset): telephone EV 3-1400.

23rd: A nostalgic look at vaudeville and burlesque through Gypsy" and the memoirs of Gypsy Rose Lee.

30th: "Kiss Me Kate" with the music of Cole Porter and the it of Bella and Sam Spewack.

Drama Center (Crambridge): telephone UN 4-2630.