Sextet Beaten Twice By New York Schools

The Crimson sextet, weakened by the loss of All American defenseman Dave Johnston and opposing two of the strongest teams in the Northeast, lost to Clarkson 4-3 Friday and collapsed Saturday night before a powerful St. Lawrence offense 6-1.

Playing before a large home crowd in Potsdam N.Y., the Black Knights scored their first tally at 8:32 of the penalty filled first period, on a shot off the face-off by forward Corbett Adams.

Ike Ikauniks tied the game at 15:15 with a ten-foot backhander on an assist from Tim Taylor, Gene Kinasewich drew the largest of seven penalties called during the period, drawing ten minutes for misconduct.

Clarkson forward Roger Purdie scored the only goal of the second period at 3:02. Adams opened the third period scoring with a long slap-shot that went off goalie Godfrey Wood's glove into the nets. The Black Knights made the score 4-1 less than two minutes later when Dick Jason flicked the puck high into the right-hand corner at 12:02.

Crimson high scorer Bill Lamarche led Harvard's futile comeback attempts with his 15th goal of the season at 13:42 of the period. Taylor accounted for the final Crimson tally on a pass from Ikauniks at two seconds before the game ended.

The following night at nearby Canton, Lamarche scored his 16th after eight seconds of the first period, but the Larries recovered quickly as Ron Mason scored unassisted 24 seconds later.

St. Lawrence tallied twice in the second period as Al Bloomer scored at 6:21 and Mason flicked in a rebound with Harvard two men short at 18:49.

Wayne Mausaw led the Larries' three-goal final period on a pass from Bloomer, and Bloomer followed closely with a clean shot with the Crimson a man down. Pat Shea accounted for the final St. Lawrence goal.

The weekend's games left Harvard with a 6-2-1 overall record, and St. Lawrence 10-3-0. The Crimson meets Dartmouth on Wednesday.