Eliot Moves on Parietals

By Richard P. Sorensen

The Eliot House Committee has recommended that the new HCUA parietal hours committee look into the possibility of extending parietal hours until midnight on Fridays throughout the year.

In its meeting Tuesday night, the House committee also condemned the report of the previous HCUA parietals committee. The report, which recommended parietals on Friday nights before home football games, was scrapped last week by the general membership of the HCUA because it ignored the "philosophical principals" underlying parietal regulations.

The Quincy House Committee, however, came out in favor of the report just a few hours after the HCUA had rejected it. Robert T. Kudrie '64, chairman of the Quincy House Committee, argued that the report purposely ignored philosophical issued, and instead offered specific recommendations that had a chance of being adopted.

Eliot House Committee Chairman Michael T.B. Denis '64 said last night that his group concurred with the HCUA's reason for rejecting the report.

Explaining the Eliot House Committee's recommendation to the new HCUA committee, Dennis said his group did not necessarily favor extending parietal hours on all Friday nights. But the idea is certainly worth consideration, he added.