Second Oldest Harvard Alumnus, Rev. Henry E. Oxnard '86, Dead

The second oldest living graduate of Harvard College, Rev. Henry E. Oxnard '86, died Wednesday in Cheshire, Conn. He was 99 years old.

Rev. Oxnard received a cum laude degree from the University, and was the oldest living graduate of the Law School. He graduated in 1889 and practiced law for two years in Boston and Malden, before deciding to study for the ministry.

Graduated from the Andover-Newton Theological School in 1893, Rev. Oxnard's first pastorate was in Portland, Maine. He has also had parishes in Lawrence, Newton, New Bedford, Rehoboth, Southboro and Boxboro.

Rev. Oxnard retired from the ministry during the 30's and for several years taught at Middlesex College. During World War II he resumed his duties as a minister in his old pastorate at Boxboro Congregational Church. He served there from 1943 to 1952.

A member of St. Bernard Masonic Lodge of Boxboro and the Boxboro Grange, Rev. Oxnard leaves two sons, Dr. Edward W. Oxnard '32, of Cheshire, Conn., and Bredford F. Oxnard of Providence, R.I., and a daughter, Mrs. Marian O. Staples of Wisconsin. Rev. Oxnard had eight grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren. He will be buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, Action.

Last month the oldest living Harvard alumnus, Samuel Williston '82, of Cambridge, died.